Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A lovely Small Town 4th of July!

Hello Friends! Happy Two days after independence day!

This was possibly the most picturesque 4th of July I could possibly imagine. My friend Whitney and I headed to the little Kansas town of Wamego, about 30 minutes east of Manhattan. Wamego claims itself as the Kansas Town that Miss Dorothy Gail, from the "Wizard of Oz" Hails from. There is even a winery with "Witch in a Ditch" red wine! Naturally, before hitting up the big carnival and parade, We stopped in for some free air conditioning at the "Oz Museum".

Museum Hopping. Wamego offers many museums full of things that are very very old, Scary mannequins that look like J.Crew Models, and extensive miniature farms (complete with raisin poop!). Also a giant stuffed buffalo. Welcome to Kansas!



How Funny! It was really hard to me to obey the "Do Not Touch" sign.


We got homemade ice cream and brownies....



Obviously, it was very, very gross.


Tilt-a-Whirl, new friends, old friends, small town patriotism. I conclude that this 4th of July was, for me, just like a Hayley Mills movie.



PS. 4 days until HILTON HEAD!!!!! This is how excited I am.

Love you all!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment